A.I. is not that old – roughly 60 years, depending on where you start counting. I wanted to get a clear sense of the building blocks and milestone moments along the way so I built this little chart.
Here is a link to the live source file which I’ll keep adding to. Let me know what you think.
Also, thanks to the many people whose work I used to assemble this. Any errors are most likely mine, not theirs. You can see the sources here below:
And these posts as well:
- A Very Short History of Artificial Intelligence (Forbes)
- Self-driving Car (Wikipedia)
- Autonomous Driving Levels (Synopsys)
- Tesla’s Full Self Driving Chip Upgrade (The Verge)
- Tesla Autopilot History (Wikipedia)
- Tesla hits $100B (Forbes)
- History of Tesla (Wikipedia)
- History of Natural Language Processing (Wikipedia)
- History of Big Data (Wikipedia)
- Artificial Neural Networks (Wikipedia)
- History of Deep Learning (Import.io)
This is one post in a larger blog series on AI. Click here to see the full Table of contents.